Kevin Harvick has been in the news a lot lately, both for his performances on the track, including his victories at Michigan and Richmond, and for what he has had to say to the media. This week, after a a scary ending to Darlingtonwhere his car caught fire and he subsequently lambasted NASCAR for its incompetence and handling of safety issues, the 2014 Cup Series champion, who is not always active on social media, took to Twitter in a frenzy of activity that touched on a variety of topics ranging from Max Verstappen, the return from North Wilkesborothe changes NASCAR needs to address in the future and its plans to race outside of NASCAR in the near future.
Kevin Harvick in the headlines lately
Kevin Harvick was one of NASCAR’s top reporters last month with his win at Michigan, which ended a 65-race winless streak. A week later, he did it again in Richmond. Happy Harvick had a lot to be happy about after more than a year without going to Victory Lane.
Although it is easy to meet with journalists after a success, Harvick has never shied away from speaking to the media and discussing the most difficult topics. Safety comes to mind.
Last month, the 46-year-old was outspoken on several occasions on safety issues related to the Next Gen car. He focused on the harshest impacts that drivers experienced throughout the year in the new car.
However, everything changed on Sunday when the No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing car caught fire for no apparent reason. He was understandably unhappy.
“We just keep letting the cars burn.” Letting people crash into things. Being hurt. We’re not fixing anything,” an agitated Harvick told reporters. “Now we’re driving there and the car catches fire. Just crappy pieces. They don’t care. It costs less not to repair it.
Harvick launches Twitter rant
NASCAR responded to Harvick’s remarks a few days later, when senior vice president of competition Scott Miller appeared as a guest on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio and suggested the driver made his comments during an “emotional time » and that what he had to say was “far from the truth”.
A day after Miller’s remarks, NASCAR sent a rules update to teams, allowing them to make changes to cars to prevent future rubber buildup and the risk of more fires.
That action, coupled with the news that North Wilkesboro will host the 2023 All-Star Race, sparked something in Harvick, and he took to Twitter, where he sent out more than a dozen responses in a matter of hours.
Among them:
“Great week for sport! No more fires and bad venue for the All Star race! » he tweeted. “Now let’s get aggressive and get to work fixing front, rear and side impacts for driver safety.”
“My vote for the All Star race is for the 1,000 horsepower package and lots of tires, we have plenty of time to plan. #why nothe said of North Wilkesboro.
“I’m not saying he’s faster than everyone else,” Harvick replied when asked if Max Verstappen had a horseshoe up his ass.
When SHR’s Twitter account suggested the driver was feeling feisty, he responded: “How would you know?”
One of the more interesting comments came when the future NASCAR Hall of Famer answered a question about the potential of running SRX races in 2023.
“No, I’m going to have fun with it @DaleJr and fly this LM stock that we’re building somewhere,” he said.
Can fans expect more from Harvick on Twitter?

Before his midweek burst of activity, Harvick had only made specific comments about his race at Darlington on Twitter. The previous week, not a single tweet. Amid his tweetstorm, one fan commented that it was amazing to see the SHR driver tweeting so much.
“I don’t play anymore,” the driver replied.
With a million followers, Harvick may be changing strategy. Taking a two-pronged approach, where he talks about issues during pre- and post-race press briefings, but uses Twitter to answer more immediate questions and generate support for whatever his cause.
He mentioned how he works with Dale Jr. If there’s anyone who knows how to use social media, especially Twitter, it’s Junior. If Harvick follows Earnhardt’s model, his fans are in for a pleasant ride.
As Sports broadcasting on Facebook. Follow us on twitter @sportscasting19 and subscribe to our Youtube channel.